Basic FTTx Solution
What is FTTx Networks?How is the Internet/IMS/SoftSwitching,PSTN or ATM/FR/DDN integrated into FTTX solution?And what is the application difference between FTTB/FTTO/FTTH solutions?
All those question can be easily explained by the above “FOT Basic FTTx Application” solution designing picture.As we know,the answer should be focused on the key element in this application solution: OLT.
OLT, also called an Optical Line Terminal, is a device which serves as the service provider endpoint of a passive optical network.
It provides two main functions:
- To perform conversion between the electrical signals used by the service provider’s equipment and the fiber optic passive component signals used by the passive optical network.
- To coordinate the multiplexing between the conversion devices on the other end of that network (called either optical network terminals or optical network units).
Various application providers ,such as local Internet integrator, Telecom vendor, Cable/HFC operators or third party SI(Service Integrator),is offering those application service via GPON/EPON OLT:
- Internet access.
- Voice call/VoIP.
- Multimedia service(eg.IMS video Call,Instant Message,Unified Communications etc).
- Camera monitoring.
- Triple play(data+VoIP+TV) service.
Obviously, among the FTTB/FTTO/FTTH solutions…, no matter which one you prefer to choose, there will be a suitable application service for you..
- Internet/IMS/SoftSwitching,PSTN or ATM/FR/DDN integration.
- EPON provides high upstream bandwidth.
- High-end residences/villas/houses or apartments (FTTH).
- Office or business (FTTO/FTTB).
- Internet Access, Voice, Video Conferencing.