What is EPON OLT and EPON ONU?
EPON:Ethernet Passive Optical Network
Ethernet Passive Optical Network (EPON), defined by IEEE 802.3ah, is a point to multipoint (Pt-MPt) network topology implemented with passive optical splitters, along with optical fiber PMDs that support this topology.
EPON is based upon a mechanism named MPCP (Multi-Point Control Protocol), which uses messages, state machines, and timers, to control access to a P2MP topology.
EPON OLT: Ethernet Passive Optical Network Optical Line Terminal
EPON OLT, also called an optical line terminal, is a device which serves as the service provider endpoint of apassive optical network. It provides two main functions:
- To perform conversion between the electrical signals used by the service provider’s equipment and the fiber optic passive component signals used by the passive optical network.
- To coordinate the multiplexing between the conversion devices on the other end of that network (called either optical network terminals or optical network units).
The diagram above depicts an EPON OLT within a fiber optic network application.
EPON ONU:Ethernet Passive Optical Network Optical Network Unit
EPON ONU, optical network unit is a device that transforms incoming fiber optic passive component optical signals into electronics/terminals at a customer’s premises in order to provide telecommunications services over an optical fiber network.
EPON OLT, EPON ONU in FTTH application:
As the picture above shown,we can choose a most suitable way to meet our different requirement.
- FTTH Field Trial & Deployment.
- Various terminal:IP Phone,IP Camera,Intelligent TV etc.
- FTTH Application Scenarios:CATV,PSTN/VoIP,Internet etc.
- Extending Package Service:IPTV,IMS/UC,Monitoring,ICT Service etc.
Please don’t hesitate to ask–>email@example.com.
More posts about this topics: